Sunday, January 20, 2008

Others

There's an old hymn that I love entitled "Others." I would pray that it might be my life's theme song and that I might fulfill the purpose that it intends to bring to all who sing it.

OTHERS

Lord, let me live from day to day
In such a self-forgetful way
That even when I kneel to pray
My prayer shall be for Others.

Help me in all the work I do
To ever be sincere and true
And know that all I'd do for you
Must needs be done for Others.

Let self be crucified and slain
And buried deep; and all in vain
May efforts be to rise again
Unless to live for Others.

And when my work on earth is done
And my new work in heaven's begun
May I forget the crown I've won
While thinking still of Others.

Chorus:
Others, Lord, yes, others,
Let this my motto be
Help me to live for others
That I may live like Thee.


We all have personal needs to attend to, both physically and spiritually, but we must be careful never to get so wrapped up in ourselves that we fail to give proper consideration to the people that God has in our sphere of influence. Others's needs was certainly Christ's first priority. He often set aside his need for rest and sustenance so that He could meet the needs of the people around Him. He is our example!

Isn't there someone that you know that needs a little help from a friend?
Sandy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home