Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Custom-Designed Plan

My grandson, Bryan, is working on a project for this year's Science Fair. It is occupying much of his extra time as he plans, researches, and thinks of ways to make it unique from others of those in his class, and different from past Science Fair projects. He wants to custom-make it to fit what he thinks will be a winning project. He's working toward winning the prize (and probably a good grade from his teacher.

People have a natural inclination to want to have something that no one else has. Men long for custom-designed cars and/or boats, and women long for custom-designed kitchens. Why is it that we long to be "different" from everyone else, to stand out from the ordinary? Could it possibly be that God created us that way? He desires for us to exercise the part of us that He created as unique and special from everyone else. What you can do, I cannot do in the same exact way. I can try to mimic you, but I can never do exactly what you do. That's because God created us "fearfully and wonderfully" in our mother's womb with such magnificent unique gifts specially designed for us personally----my gifts cannot match another's. Another's gifts I cannot master.

God has given each of us a custom-designed plan for our lives. "I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." We have each been given a purpose by God to fulfill---He created us with that purpose within His birth process. We have been called "according to His purpose." In Romans, we are told that "We have different gifts, according to the grace given us." God is the giver of those different gifts. When we recognize our custom-made plan built inside of us by God, we can truly know the joy of service for Him. When we strive to do something other than what God has planned for us, we experience a sense of struggle deep inside of us.

Bryan, I know you will do very well with your science project. It will be custom-made by you and that will make it special! My fellow readers, God has made a custom-designed plan for you---and I know you will be special in His eyes as you seek to do His will for you!

In His Grace,
Sandy

2 Comments:

Blogger bryanfuel said...

hi nana i read your blog. thanks for supporting me. hope i do well and make you proud.

7:34 AM  
Blogger Sandy Fewell said...

Bryan, you always make Nana proud! I love you!

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home