Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Springtime Busyness

Please forgive me for the long delay in keeping up with my blog. Springtime in West Virginia is always such a busy time of the year and Dick and I are finding ourselves trying to keep up with two houses and three yards, one herb garden and several flower beds between three places. Dick seems to be constantly on the lawnmower, either mowing Mom's, my sisters, and our yards. There have been outside walls to wash down, outside windows to wash, tons of flowers to plant, a porch to paint, besides the normal everyday household chores. We have connected to city water which required a new ditch to be dug from the house to the meter. My washing machine broke down this week which has required ordering parts. Also Dick has been trying to get an old tractor running for days. All those duties have kept us pretty busy trying to keep our heads above water. All this goes to remind us that it is God's strength that enables us to accomplish all that needs to be done.

To balance off all the work, we have also enjoyed great pleasurable times as well. We have the most lovely country road to walk every day. My sister usually walks with me, but I also enjoy walking alone as it is such a great communion time with God. He reminds me of his beautiful creative powers in so many ways. The birds have been so fascinating to me this spring. I've seen several varieties of birds that I don't recall ever seeing as a child growing up here. They often land on my porch railing as I am typing on my computer and look at me as if to say hello. There was a doe with a very young fawn that walked by in the field beside the house this week. The fawn couldn't have been more than a day or so old. It was so cute! Of course, I can't say I've been thrilled when Dick has found two snakes in our yard, and two in Mom's yard already this spring! But that's part of country living!

We have enjoyed family times together with most of the family with us for Mother's Day and Memorial Day weekends. I've done lots of cooking and love having the family together at my house!

Over the Memorial Day weekend, Dick and I, along with my mom and sister, gathered flowers and took to the graves of our loved ones. It was a thrill to me to be reminded that the gravesite was just a place to honor the memory of each of our loved ones, that they were not there! They are experiencing heaven and enjoying the presence of our Savior! However, the ritual of remembering them was a blessing.

We have started attending the country church that Mom attended as a little girl, and she has been blessed by the love shown to her by those that remember her so fondly. How good it is to fellowship with God's people no matter where you are in the world. There is a bond like none other to be among fellow believers worshiping the Lord with the same Spirit!

So that has brought you up to date. Hopefully, we can get projects completed and be able to enjoy some visits with relatives and maybe a little travel around the neighboring states when we get less busy.

"For surely, O Lord, you bless the righteous; you surround them with your favor as with a shield." (Psalm 5:12)

Glad to be back!
Sandy

1 Comments:

Blogger Rich said...

Thanks for the update!

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home