Friday, May 11, 2007

My Son, Rich

I am the oldest daughter of three girls in my family. All my life I wanted an older brother. Therefore, after I married, I wished for my first child to be a son so that he could be an older brother to any siblings that came after him. God gave me the desire of my heart when I gave birth to a dear son on October 13, 1966. Richard Douglas Fewell came into our lives and became the joy and center of our existence. He is our only child and God has blessed us so abundantly through him beyond words.

When Rich was two years old, I became a Christian, and it was then that I began to pray for Rich to know Christ and follow him all the days of his life. Rich accepted Christ at the age of 4 as his Sunday School teacher led him to the Lord during class one Sunday. At the age of 7, he was baptized a couple of months before we all moved to Hawaii. God's hand of protection was over Rich through his growing up years, even though during his college years he struggled with doubts and uncertainty. He rededicated his life to Christ after he was married to Emily, and she accepted Christ and together they committed their lives to serving Him. Rich and Emily gave birth to my two beautiful grandsons, Bryan and Bradley, who are now 12 and 9 years of age, respectively. Both boys have accepted Christ and Rich is a very active daddy in the spiritual growth of his sons.

God's blessings to me as a mother and grandmother have been so abundant. I would not be able to celebrate this Mother's Day or any Mother's Day if it were not for my son, Rich. Rich has been a precious gift from the Lord and I am so proud to be his mother! He has given me a beautiful "daughter" in Emily who is a precious mother to our very dear grandsons whom we cherish beyond any other gift given to us.



As Hannah prayed in I Samuel 1:27-28, I, too, can pray this prayer this Mothers Day!

"I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord."

I love you, Rich!
Mom

1 Comments:

Blogger Rich said...

I love you too Mom!

7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home