Saturday, January 06, 2007

Snow Vacation

We will be leaving to go to McCall, Idaho, with my son and his family next week---going into snow country! My two grandsons have never seen snow in their 12 and 8 years of life---ever! They are so excited! My son hasn't been in snow for almost 15 years, and my daughter-in-law has only been in snow once in her life. Right now, Idaho is experiencing lots of snow----and COLD weather! We are praying that next week the snow will lessen and the temperatures rise a little---otherwise, these Hawaiians may be huddled around the fireplace the whole 5 days we are there! :)

Whenever I anticipate any kind of travel, I get a little anxious. I'm getting better at trusting the Lord for safety each time I board a plane, but I have to truly pray and commit it to the Lord before peace comes to my heart. This trip is no different!
I was reading Psalm 139:9-10 today: "If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast." Traveling over 5 hours of ocean, this verse brings peace to my heart.
Then Proverbs 3:23-26: "Then you will go on your way in safety, and your foot will not stumble; when you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet. Have no fear of sudden disaster or of the ruin that overtakes the wicked, for the Lord will be your confidence.." God's promises are so faithful! I can trust Him to keep me in His righteous right hand and uphold me through any circumstance, even in a plane, even in snow, even in unfamiliar surroundings. HE is my security, my refuge, my protection.

I always am blessed so much by the prayers of my fellow Christian prayer warriors. Please pray for us, first for safety, then for health that we might all stay well and enjoy the time we have as a family to share in another one of God's marvelous wonders---snow!

Thanking you in advance,
Sandy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home