Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Christmas Decorations Came Down Today

Whew! What a job to take down, pack and stow away all the Christmas decorations in and outside the house. The house always looks a little drab and lonely after all the colorful decorations and lights are stuffed in a box. But I must say, it feels good to have the house back in order again. If anyone knows me well, I'm a person who needs to be orderly and organized or I feel antsy and uneasy. That comes from my Mom! She taught me that "Cleanliness is next to godliness." And I guess I believed her!

God also is a God of order. Just contemplate the universe---His creation was minutely detailed and orderly far beyond our limited knowledge. Our bodies are intricately designed and everything works in a definite order acccording to the purpose for which God made it. God directed his disciples to make sure the church is run in an orderly manner. And God directed husbands to make sure their families are kept in order or he could not serve as a leader in the church (I Timothy 3:4--"He must manage his family well and see that his children obey him with proper respect." He directed women to be orderly in their care of their household giving us the Proverbs 31 woman as our example---"She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness."

I'm thankful that I can trust God to be orderly in His dealings with me. This coming new year I can place my life in His hands and know that "all things will work together for good to those that love the Lord." He will always work within His character, and will never lie to me, or fail to fulfill His promises in His Word. How good to be able to trust His Sovereignty in my life and the universe. He will always fulfill His purposes in a fitting and orderly manner in accordance with His perfect will. Nothing that happens will go beyond His knowledge and His permission.

Have a wonderful 2007!
Sandy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home