Monday, January 22, 2007

Happy Birthday, Dick!

Today is my husband's 64th birthday---I always tease him and tell him he's catching up to me! Birthdays are blessings from the Lord. As we grow older, each birthday seems more precious as we realize God has allowed us another year to be with our family and friends, and another year to serve Him.

God's word promises long life to those that keep his word and honor Him. "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding. For through me your days will be many and years will be added to your life." (Prov. 9:11

"My son, do not forget my teaching, but keep my commands in your heart, for they will prolong your life many years and bring you prosperity." (Prov. 3:1-2).

"But whoever listens to me will live in safety and be at ease, without fear of harm." (Prov. 1:33)

God's Word gives us His wisdom, and His wisdom prolongs our life. His word gives us peace and joy and relieves stress. We are to be different than those that do not know the Lord. As you contemplate the fact that you are still living and breathing, contemplate as well the purpose for why you are still here. God made you for a unique purpose only you can fulfill. He created you with your special gift that He wants you to use for His glory and for His pleasure. I pray you have discovered that purpose and are joyfully living it out for Christ's sake.

I'm so thankful for my husband and for the safety and security I have felt in our 44 years of marriage. I pray God will allow us many more years together, and that many more birthdays will be celebrated. Most of all, I pray our lives will be used for God's honor and glory for the years we do have left.

Thankful for Dick,
Sandy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home