Sunday, January 21, 2007

Continue On

I have a poem framed that has hung in my house for several years. In rereading it this morning, I thought maybe all you mothers out there who are feeling tired, frustrated and worn down from motherhood might be encouraged by it.

Continue On

A woman once fretted over the usefulness of her life.
She feared she was wasting her potential being a devoted wife and mother.
She wondered if the time and energy she invested in her husband
and children would make a difference.

At times she got discouraged because so much of what she did
seemed to go unnoticed and unappreciated.
"Is it worth it?" she often wondered. "Is there something better
that I should be doing with my life?"

It was during one of these moments of questioning that she heard
the still small voice of her heavenly Father speak to her heart.
"You are a wife and mother because that is what I have called you to be.
Much of what you do is hidden from the public eye. But I notice.
Most of what you give is done without remuneration.
But I am your reward.

Your husband cannot be the man I have called him to be without your support.
Your influence upon him is greater than you think and more powerful
than you will ever know.
I bless him through your service and honor him through your love.
Your children are precious to Me. Even more precious than they are to you.
I have entrusted them to your care to raise for me.
What you invest in them is an offering to Me.

You may never be in the public spotlight. But your obedience shines as
a bright light before Me. Continue on. Rememember you are my servant.
Do all to please Me."

Author: Roy Lessin

Motherhood is the greatest position we could possibly hold and it has greater rewards than we can ever imagine. We must trust God to watch over our children and give us wisdom each day to know what God desires for them and encourage them to be all that God wants them to be. Just a small word of encouragement to our children goes so far in making them feel special, both in your eyes and in God's eyes. An unkind word goes even farther to destroy how they feel about themselves and God. Remember---you can be the bright light that allows them to see Christ in a way that they want to trust and obey Him. I pray for all mothers everywhere that they are encouraged to continue on!!!

I love being a mother (and a grandmother)!
Sandy

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sandy
I was at a house yesterday and they had this hanging in their living room. I would like to know where can I order this for my house. I am searching the internet now and ran across your page. please email me at jessicaattia@aol.com if you can help!

thanks
jessica

5:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home