Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Thorns of Pain Resulting in a Sweet Refrain

A poem I had tucked away in my Bible---thought it was appropriate as we focus on our Savior's birth. Can our current pain result in a sweet refrain, as we trust God in the circumstances?

"Once I heard a song of sweetness as it cleft the morning air,
Sounding in its blest completeness like a tender, pleading prayer.
And I sought to find the singer whence the wondrous song was borne,
And I found a bird sore wounded, pinioned by a cruel thorn.
I have seen a soul in sadness while its wings with pain were furled,
Giving hope and cheer and gladness that should bless a weeping world.
And I knew that life of sweetness was of pain and sorrow borne,
And a stricken soul was singing with its heart against a thorn.
We are told of cruel scourging of a Savior bearing scorn,
And he died for your salvation with His brow against a thorn.
You are not above the Master. Will you breathe a sweet refrain?"

Psalm 32:7: "You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance."

May your heart sing to the Lord and He, in turn, will send you wondrous songs!
Sandy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home