Thursday, December 14, 2006

My Shepherd

As we near the celebration of Christmas, we will hear much about "shepherds abiding in the field" and how they followed a star to Bethlehem to worship the Baby Jesus when he was born. Rightly so, for a King was born that day in a manger and the shepherds knew in their hearts that Jesus was to be worshiped and praised.

Today we who are Christians also know in our hearts that "The Lord is my Shepherd." We know He is to be honored, worshiped and praised every day of our lives. Our Shepherd is personal and knows us inside and out. He desires to shepherd us in all areas of our lives, and because of His promises to us in His Word, we can trust Him wholly to do just that. Let us ponder together Psalm 23.

In Psalm 23, He promises that "we shall not want."
I shall never be thirsty or in need of water because "He leadeth me beside the still waters."
I shall always have his forgiveness and be righteous before him because "He restoreth my soul."
I shall always have a guide who will give me direction and I know the path he leads me will be the right path, "He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness."
I shall never lack for a friend or a companion "for thou art with me."
I shall always be comforted and consoled "Thy rod and thy staff they comfort me."
I shall never lack for food or nourishment "Thou preparest a table before me."
I will always have deep joy and contentment in my life "Thou anoinest my head with oil."
I shall never lack for anything, anything at all "My cup runneth over."
I shall never lack for anything at all in this life "Goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life."
Lastly but certainly not least, I shall never lack for anything in eternity,, "I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever."

The shepherds on that night long ago followed a star and found their Shepherd and fell down and worshiped Him. I pray you have found The Shepherd, and you can truly say, The Lord is MY Shepherd. If so, you have so very much for which to thank Him. If you do not know Jesus as your Shepherd, Christmas would be the perfect time to bow down before him. He promises you so very much---how can you resist Him?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home