Friday, December 08, 2006

With Every Christmas Card I Write....

For the past two days, I have been addressing cards to family and friends all over the world. My greetings have gone to faraway places, such as Australia, China and Japan, and they have also gone to near neighbors and friends as close as my backyard. Christmas is such a special opportunity for us to reconnect with many people that we do not hear from any other time of the year. I LOVE the tradition that has been started of adding a Christmas letter to cards. The letter allows me to know the news that I have missed since I last heard from that person, and allows me to know what is important to them. Often the news imparts the love of family that is evident in their lives and/or activities that allow that family togetherness. It allows me to picture them in their particular setting of the world and gain insight into their lives so that I may know them better as friends or family. Oftentimes, the cards convey to me the love of Christ that is evident in their lives, which always thrills my heart. Christmas cards are an indication to me that someone out there still thinks of me enough to take the time to let me know that they are thinking of me! There is no greater blessing than to know that someone out there cares!

The Bible is a series of letters---letters to you and me to let us know that Someone cares about us! The letters impart personal knowledge of Almighty God who loved us so much that He sent His Only Son to earth to provide a way for us to have eternal fellowship with Him. The letters speak of such love for us that often times great suffering had to take place to get the message to us, but despite the suffering, the message was given! How grateful I am to those dear old saints of God that paid such a great price so that I might have that written record today. Those letters of the Bible give me strength, encouragement, hope, wisdom, faith, joy, peace, perseverance to live my life today in obedience to God's words to us.

This Christmas take the time to remember your friends and family by your Christmas cards, let them know you are thinking of them, and care about them and love them. Also remember to thank God for His written word to us, the Bible. There is no greater message than that written in the Word of God---

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only Begotten Son that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16

Happy Writing!
Sandy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home