Monday, December 11, 2006

Happy Feet

Yesterday after church my husband and I decided to go see the movie "Happy Feet", a delightful film depicting a penguin that was born different than all the other penguins, and because of his difference, he was not accepted as a gainful member of their penguin society. However, it was his very difference in the end that was able to save the whole penguin population from starvation. This little penguin showed courage and tenacity to go beyond the ridicule of his peers and to use his difference to do what in his heart he knew he could do to save his fellow penguins. This little movie held so many lessons that we could glean from as Christians. Here are a few---ask yourself these questions:

1) Our differences can be the very thing God uses to bring about His purposes in our lives and in others' lives. Do we fight to maintain conformity to the world or are we willing to step out and be different for Christ?
2) Am I willing to face ridicule and do what is right or will I follow the crowd and be silent?
3) Can the world see that I am "different" because of my beliefs in Christ, or am I silent among non-believers?
4 )Does my difference make a difference? How much do I desire to be different for Christ?
5) Do I ridicule others that are different or do I accept them as God's creation and willing to accept their differences as part of God's plan?

"Happy Feet" was a delightful movie that made your heart dance at the end of it. There's a verse in the Bible that says, "How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation, who say to Zion, 'Your God reigns!'" Isaiah 52:7

May you dance the good news to others!
Sandy

2 Comments:

Blogger Rich said...

Bryan and I have been discussing these very same themes this weekend and last. I'm going to mail your post to him. Good timing! We are going to have to go see the film!

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This reminds me of:
1)those who are slow in acknowledging, accepting and applauding the "different-ness" in others. 2)comparing SELF with the "different-ness" of others and coming up short
Both are dishonoring to God. We are his workmanship in Christ Jesus.

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home