Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Wisdom of a Little Child

My husband has come down with a virus that is causing a very sore throat and coughing. I decided I'd spend the morning quietly reading to give him an opportunity to catch up on his sleep that he lost last night from coughing so much. I was reading my "Country" magazine that I love so much and found this cute bit of humor:

"It was almost time for supper, so my husband and our 4-year-old son, Keith, came in from the workshop to wash up. When Keith began washing his hands with cold water, my husband told him he needed to use hot water to kill the germs. Without hesitation, Keith replied, "But, Dad, I'd rather freeze them to death."

Pretty quick thinker, don't you think? Do you suppose God can "freeze" my husband's germs today and make him well? He could, because He's God, and "nothing is impossible with Him,", but probably He won't use that method to bring healing to my husband. I DO know, however, that God hears and answers prayer and will bring healing in His way and in His time.

"And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up..." (James 5:15)

Stay healthy!
Sandy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home