Monday, October 23, 2006

Stop------and Be Refreshed!

For many years, I have loved to journal, to write down my thoughts, to meditate and mull over things that are brought to my attention through God's Word, or through authors, and put my own slant on what I hear and learn! I have books of journals that I have written over the years. As I am now considered "mature" at the ripe old age of 66, I wondered aloud with my son that maybe I should find a way to share my thoughts with younger women who might glean some little tidbit of wisdom to help them in their personal walk with God, or just with living their daily lives. Being the technological son that he is, my son suggested starting a blog----so here goes!

I chose the title "Refreshment Spot" for my blog. Websters' Dictionary defines "refresh" as:
1) To revive with or as if with rest, food or drink; give new vigor to.
2) To give new freshness or brightness to; restore.
3) To make cool, clean, or moist; freshen up.
4) To replenish.

My desire for those that read my blog is to share what I have learned through God's Word, and through my years of experience as an older woman to refresh other younger women, to give new freshness and brightness to what they already know or may not know in order to encourage and give them new vigor to keep their faith fresh and growing!

God's Word tells older women in Titus 2 that they are the ones to train the younger women "to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind and to be submissive to their husbands, SO THAT no one will malign the word of God." As an older woman, it is my responsibility to pass on what I have learned to the younger women in my life to help them become the women that God desires them to be. With this blog, I will try to fulfill my responsibility.

I am not claiming to have attained greater wisdom just because I am older. I know that in the 66 years of my life, God has taught me valuable lessons through many avenues: through His Word, through older women in my own life; through life's experiences, some of them quite hard at times; through other teachers and authors that I have read, etc. God has many ways to teach us lessons in life that we would not have learned unless a particular person or experience had not been sent our way.

So---I am looking forward to using this avenue to pass on "refreshment" to those that read it. Refreshment comes in many different ways, so be prepared for variety! Take time from your busy day, to stop by my "refreshment spot" to bring a new vigor, restoration, replenishment, or revival to your day!

I leave you with this verse: "I long to see you that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to make you strong....that is, that you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other's faith." Romans 1:11, 12

See you later!
Sandy

2 Comments:

Blogger Rich said...

Great start Mom! I think you are going to be a natural at this! I'm adding you to my links so my friends can find you. Be sure to tell people you've started. I think you are going to be just as encouraged by this as you go about encouraging others.

9:14 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Dear Sandy,
I'm looking forward to visiting your site and sitting at your feet. You have always been an encouragement to me with your sweet spirit and words of wisdom. Keep it coming!

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home