Saturday, October 28, 2006

Worms for Brains

I thought I would pass on to you mothers who have small children this cute idea I saw in this month's Taste of Home magazine. If you are a mother of boys, I think they would think this is really cool! If you are a mother of little girls, they probably will think... "Gross!" If you want to try this idea one evening for lunch or supper and have some fun with the family, I bet it will jazz up the evening's conversation!

Worms for Brains

Find 8 to 10 medium sweet orange peppers (If you can't find orange peppers, I'm sure the green, red, or yellow ones would work as well).
Cut tops off peppers and set aside; remove all the seeds and membranes inside. Then have the kids carve a jack-o-lantern face on one side of each pepper. They should have fun making their own faces.
Cook 1 package (16 oz) spaghetti as directed on the package.
Take 1 pound of ground beef and brown until no longer pink, drain.
Drain spaghetti, and add to beef.
Stir in one jar (26 oz) of spaghetti sauce (choose the brand that your family likes, such as Ragu, Prego, etc.)
Heat through until hot.
Spoon spaghetti into the carved peppers.
Replace the tops on the peppers.

I think this should add some pizzazz to your evening meal for Halloween, and the kids will think "my mom is so much fun."

"A happy heart makes the face cheerful..." Proverbs 15:13
"You will eat the fruit of your labor; blessings and prosperity will be yours." Psalm 128:2

Happy Halloween!
Sandy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home