Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Crossword Puzzle

Anyone that knows me well knows that I love to do the crossword puzzle in the morning paper every day. Some days I whiz through it---other days it's a real struggle to complete it, but complete it I must! If I can't do it on my own, I consult my husband, a dictionary, even go to the internet for answers, but I'm very determined to fill in all the blanks!

Life is like a crossword puzzle! Some days you get up and the day goes beautifully---no problems! Other days it's a real struggle with a problem around every turn. How do you get through those kind of struggle days?

We can consult a friend and pour out our frustrations to them. It's special to have a good friend that we trust to carry our burdens with us. Friends are a very special gift from God.

We can go to God's Word and find answers. "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path." Psalm 119:105
The Bible is our instruction manual that shows us the path through life that will lead us to the answers to our problems. Just as I consult my dictionary for the answers to my crossword puzzle, we can go to God's Word and find answers to lighten the load that we carry, to give us hope, to refresh us when we are weary and lonely. "Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know." Jeremiah 33:3

Our next resource is to go directly to God Himself in prayer. "If any of you lack wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault and it will be given to him." James 1:5 God is always there waiting for us to talk to Him about our burdens. "Cast your cares upon me, for I care for you." We always have a direct line to God and He delights in giving us the answers to those things that cause us to struggle.

So I trust that today will be a "whiz" day for you, but if you are struggling through the day and need help to find answers, there are resources you can turn to in order to find them, and our best resource is God Himself. He's always there waiting for you!

Happy day to all of you!
Sandy

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sandy,
Kris here from the Wananada Wednesday gang (wooo!). Thank you so much for the words of encouragement and "refreshment"! Those are awesome scriptures:)

11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home