Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Highway of Holiness

This year my thoughts have been drawn so often to heaven. I lost my father in March and picture him often in heaven enjoying the fathomless blessings God promised to him. Soon after Dad's death, a friend told me to read a book called "Heaven" by Randy Alcorn. I was totally transported into the realm of heaven by that book and it has encouraged me many times this year as I think of the promise of a new heaven and new earth. If you haven't read it, I recommend it highly.

This morning I read a chapter in Isaiah that also transported my thoughts to what awaits me in heaven. I encourage you to read Isaiah 35. In my New International Bible, the chapter is entitled "Joy of the Redeemed". In verse 8 it says: "And a highway will be there; it will be called the Way of Holiness. The unclean will not journey on it, it will be for those who walk in that Way; wicked fools will not go about on it." But the joy comes when I realize what awaits at the end of the road called Way of Holiness.

Here are some of the promises:

The desert will have water gushing forth in the form of streams, and flowers will blossom and grow.
Feeble hands will be strengthened, and weak knees will be steadied.
The eyes of the blind will be opened.
The lame will leap like a deer.
The ears of the deaf will be unstopped.
The mute shall speak.
Burning sand will become a pool with bubbling springs for the thirsty.
Everlasting joy will be on their heads.
Sorrow and sighing will be replaced with joy and gladness.

My, who would not get excited at what awaits us as we walk the Way of Holiness----the road that leads to Zion---to God!
If you are trampling through the mire and cares of this world thinking you will not get through the sludge of it all, please be reminded that what awaits us at the end of the road will be all well worth it. May you be encouraged to keep on keeping on!

May gladness and joy fill your hearts today!
Sandy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home