Saturday, November 04, 2006

A Strand of Thread

Have you ever felt like you are hanging on to life by a very sheer strand of thread? That thread is hanging over a very high precipice that, if you fell into it, you would fall into a very dark deep hole from which you could not climb out of? As you are hanging there, you wonder if the strand of thread might break from the weight of the burdens that are on your shoulders, or worse even than that, you might just get too tired and let go of the strand? I think at times we all feel like that life gets very difficult and hard and there are things that we just simply do not understand.

But I have good news. With Christ as your Savior, no matter how far over the precipice you might feel, or how thin that strand of thread might get, there is always a strong, mighty hand that is holding on to you and will NOT let you go. Don't look down at the deep dark hole. Instead look up into the face of Jesus. There you will see so much love, so much tenderness, so much compassion, and HE will pull you up and set your feet back on firm ground and show you the path to light! His promises are there to assure you of safety and guidance. I pray that the Scriptures given below may strengthen your resolve to never give up, as God will never never give up on YOU!

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

"For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." Isaiah 41:13

"The Lord delights in the way of man whose steps HE has made firm; though he stumble, he will not fall, for the Lord upholds him with his hand." Psalm 37:23,24

"Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will NEVER let the righteous fall." Psalm 55:22

"My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life. and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father who has given them to me is greater than all, no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand." John 10:28,29

"No, in ALL these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the futuure, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

You are always secure, as God always has hold of you with His hand. Rest in him and cast your burdens upon his capable shoulders. He will plant your feet on a firm foundation and He will not let you go ever!

So thankful for His wonderful promises,
Sandy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home