Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Speech Meet

Today I was asked to be a judge for a Speech Meet held at a Christian school here in Maui. I will be judging the younger children in 3rd through 5th grade. I've been privileged to do this in past years, and I am amazed at the poise of the children and the length of their memories! I was not so poised as a young child, and still am not comfortable at all in front of people.
My knees knock, my hands get clammy and my lips quiver. It is so much easier to sit here and write than it is ever for me to speak. God gifts us in different ways, and mine is not public speaking! However, I look forward to today and seeing the young children master the art of speaking!

In Colossians 4:6, God reminds us---"Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man." (KJV). We are to be gracious and kind in our speech one to another. All of our words should be thought out before we speak so as not to hurt or harm in any way. Our tongues reveal so much of who we are, and often times, our words can get us in trouble. We need to allow the grace of God always dictate our words so that they may heal and encourage others.

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." (Psalm 19:14)
Sandy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home