Friday, November 10, 2006

Treasures of Darkness

I read a verse in Isaiah this morning that intrigued me.

It reads: "I will give you treasures of darkness, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the Lord, the God of Israel, who calls you by name." (Isaiah 45:3)

Can you mull this over with me? What possible treasures and riches could darkness hold for us? Whatever they are, God says that they are there to convince us that He is the Lord and that He knows each of us personally by name. Can the darkest moments and trials that come our way be the very avenue that God uses to bring us to the Light of the World, Jesus? If so, wouldn't this be a treasure so precious that could never be matched by any other treasure? In Psalm 18:28, the psalmist said, "You, O Lord, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light."

Unless we recognized the darkness within our souls, we might not recognize the light that Jesus offers. He is the Light that shines brightly to chase the darkness away. When we become his children and are eternally safe in him, we are then to proclaim that truth with our lives and with our voices to others.

"But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light." (I Peter 2:9)

Maybe you can recall other treasures of darkness that are stored in secret places---please share them with me.

To God be the glory!
Sandy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home