Monday, February 12, 2007

Focus on Today

Sometimes I find myself beginning to wonder about the future and many questions will plague my mind. If I let them continue, I can find myself blue and discouraged and anxious. He wants us to find joy in today. Today is the day the Lord has made and we need to rejoice and be glad in it. In Psalm 103 we are told to forget not his benefits to us. In other words, we are to count our blessings. Some time ago, I wrote on the inside of my Bible:

"The Everlasting Father who cares for you today will take care of you tomorrow and every day. Either He will shield you from suffering, or He will give you strength to bear it. Be at peace, then, and put aside all anxious thoughts and imaginations."

We are to fix our eyes upon Jesus. We are to bring every thought captive to Christ and His love for us. Would He promise never to leave us and then turn around and forsake us? Absolutely not. He is true to His Word and His character. So the questions that sometimes plague me I need to turn over to Christ's control claiming His sovereignty and resting in His love for me. Then peace will come and my soul will rest in the joy of today! He is in charge of my tomorrow. Who knows, today might be the day Jesus comes for us, then will we need to worry about tomorrow?? Don't think so!!!!

Hold fast and do not grow weary!
Sandy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home