Sunday, March 16, 2008

Hosanna in the Highest

On Palm Sunday long ago, our Lord Jesus Christ rode into Jerusalem humbly riding on a donkey so that He might fulfill prophecy. The people joyfully sang "Blessed is the king who comes in the name of the Lord. Hosanna in the highest" as He entered the city. They recognized Him then as the Messiah, as "hosanna" means "Save, I pray." Only one short week later, the same crowd of people cried, "Crucify Him!"

How do you view Jesus Christ today? Do you know Him as Lord and Savior, as the Messiah, the one who saves? Or in your heart, are you denying the truth and with the world of unbelievers saying "Crucify Him!"

Almost 40 years ago, I recognized Christ as my Lord and Savior and accepted Him into my heart. I remember that day as if it were yesterday. This morning in my devotional time, I read Psalm 30, 31 and 32. In those psalms I recognized anew what Christ accomplished for me on that day when I was still a young woman-----and I praise Him for the changes that have taken place in my heart since then. Many verses in the psalms I read today say how I felt on that life-changing day in my life. Maybe you can identify with the verses also, and praise our Savior today along with me:

"O Lord my God, I called to you for help and you healed me. O Lord, you brought me up from the grave; you spared me from going down into the pit. Sing to the Lord, you saints of his; praise his holy name. For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning."

"You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing to you and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever."

"Since you are my rock and my fortress, for the sake of your name lead and guide me. Free me from the trap that is set for me, for you are my refuge. Into your hands I commit my spirit; redeem me, O Lord, the God of truth."

"I will be glad and rejoice in your love, for you saw my affliction and knew the anguish of my soul. You have not handed me over to the enemy but have set my feet in a spacious place."

"But I trust in you, O Lord; I say, 'You are my God'; my times are in your hands; deliver me from my enemies and from those who pursue me. Let your face shine on your servant, save me in your unfailing love."

"Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord."

"Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, 'I will confess my transgressions to the Lord' and you forgave the guilt of my sin. Therefore let everyone who is godly pray to you while you may be found;... You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance."

Hosanna in the Highest! Blessed is the King who comes in the name of the Lord!!!
Sandy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home