Chocolate Chip Cookies
So what better thing to do on a cold "wintry" gray day but to make chocolate chip cookies to brighten the day? The warmth of the oven makes it seem less chilly, the wonderful aroma of chocolate floating through the air warms the senses, and oh, the gooey hot cookie melting in your mouth as you chew and taste that decadent flavor against your tastebuds certainly adds that
special warmth to anyone's heart.
If you are someplace cold and a good hot chocolate chip cookie sounds good to you, try my recipe:
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
2 cups plus 4 tablespoons sifted all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light-brown sugar, firmly packed
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup soft butter or margarine
1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
1 12 oz. package semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Into large bowl, sift flour with soda and salt.
3. Add sugars, eggs, vanilla and butter. With wooden spoon or portable electric mixer at medium speed,
beat until smooth and well combined--about 1 minute.
4. Stir in nuts and chocolate chips with wooden spoon.
5. Drop by teaspoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto ungreased cookie sheets.
6. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden. Remove to wire rack, and cool.
I guarantee you that the members of your household will love you when the smell starts wafting through the house to their noses. Serve with a good cold glass of milk or a good hot cup of coffee and let the compliments begin. "Her children arise and call her blessed, her husband also, and he praises her." (Proverbs 31:28)