Sunday, November 19, 2006

Life's Trials Are Tough

This week has been a hard week for me in that in three separate incidences, three persons have shared very difficult trials that they are enduring in which they see no way out. There are no magic wands, no presto-chango words that can change their situations. How do you handle situations that come into your lives that seemingly have no good endings? Do you get angry and shake your fist at Almighty God and blame Him for allowing this to happen to you? Do you curl up within yourself and try to hide from the world? Do you seek revenge for the people that somehow you feel is to blame for your problems? Do you fill yourself up with drugs and/or alcohol to drown out the world?

OR--do you see Jesus as your peace, your protection, your Shepherd, your Problem Solver, your Friend, your Husband? Jesus says, "In this world you will have tribulation, but take heart, I have overcome the world." (John 16:33)

"If God be for us, who can be against us?" (Romans 8:31b)

"Is anything too hard for me?"

"Is my arm too short?"

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you; let not your heart be troubled; neither let it be afraid."

If we see Jesus as standing with us through every circumstance, every trial, every hurt, every pain and soul-wrenching ache, how much easier it would be for us to go through the trial. He didn't promise in this world that we would be trouble-free, that we would never face pain, or that we would never suffer. But HE DID PROMISE that He would never NEVER leave us or forsake us.

It's your heart of belief that will allow you to turn your eyes upon Jesus and look full into His wonderful face, and see His love for you, His promise to shelter you under His wings, His promise to place your feet on the solid Rock when everything else seems to be falling down around you. Can you stop raising your fists to God, and start opening your hands and your heart to His love, His peace, His help! He wants you to KNOW Him! How better to KNOW Him fully and crawl up into His arms by faith and allow Him to hold you against His bosom and speak comfort to you.

Psalm 91:14 - "Because he loves me," says the Lord; "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation."

He wants to bless you, He wants to freely give you all things, He wants to refine you as gold, and make you strong and able to withstand the storms of life that come our way. All that comes by simple trust! Don't fight against Him! Don't rail against Him! He wants your surrender! When we keep Christ as the very center of our lives, He promises to take care of all the circumference! He wants our heart.

Trials are hard, but God is so much bigger than our trials! Trust HIM!
Sandy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home